# Contact info submission url: exile-blog.blogspot.com site_owner: address1: address2: city: state: country: postal_code: phone_number: display_email: site_name: site_description: The Exile

E-Mail Me

My Twitter

Top Blogs

LeftWing2

Campaign 4 Public Ownership

FASO

FASSIT

Mothers For Justice

Ian Josephs

UKSecretCourt's Videos

Unity-Injustice




Chris Paul

David Lindsay

Heresy Corner

Machetera

Martin Meenagh

Neil Clark

Organised Rage

Renegade Eye

Serb Blog

Splintered Sunrise

Star of Vergina

Unrepentant Communist

Agitprop

British Politics

Censorship 01

Collaborators

Gimlet

Imperialism

Memories

Mexico

New Britain 01

New Britain 02

Sleaze

Social Work Industry

Wankblogs

Working Class

Atom Feed

XML Feed





13 April 2010
Coming Home
Home. . . What a wonderful word that is. I am home for the first time in almost two decades. I have been in England since the end of December, but only in Northern England for three days. This is home, this is where I belong, where my people have lived for generations.

The old friend that I am staying with has lent me a car. Yesterday we spend most of the afternoon getting it running and found that the battery was dead as a doornail. A man that we did not know offered to help us get the old battery out, and then he lent me his Halford mechanic's card, thus saving us £37.00 on the retail price of a new battery. When we got back with the purchase, a bloke from across the street let me know that we had forgotten to close a window on the other car, but not to worry as he had kept an eye on things for us.

This is home. This is the way it is and this is what I missed.
5 Comments:

Which part of the north are you from?

14 April 2010 at 21:15  

Ken, you were home back in 1998, do you remember? I do.
xoxo,
M.

15 April 2010 at 03:40  

Manchester, originally, but I am in Lancaster at the moment.

Yes, Moose, of course I remember - how could I forget?

16 April 2010 at 01:32  

:-)
M.

17 April 2010 at 05:39  

I shall start calling you Anonymoose...

17 April 2010 at 23:50  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home