# Contact info submission url: exile-blog.blogspot.com site_owner: address1: address2: city: state: country: postal_code: phone_number: display_email: site_name: site_description: The Exile

E-Mail Me

My Twitter

Top Blogs

LeftWing2

Campaign 4 Public Ownership

FASO

FASSIT

Mothers For Justice

Ian Josephs

UKSecretCourt's Videos

Unity-Injustice




Chris Paul

David Lindsay

Heresy Corner

Machetera

Martin Meenagh

Neil Clark

Organised Rage

Renegade Eye

Serb Blog

Splintered Sunrise

Star of Vergina

Unrepentant Communist

Agitprop

British Politics

Censorship 01

Collaborators

Gimlet

Imperialism

Memories

Mexico

New Britain 01

New Britain 02

Sleaze

Social Work Industry

Wankblogs

Working Class

Atom Feed

XML Feed





14 April 2010
Allegra Mostyn-Owen, Boris Johnson & Me
I had never heard of Allegra Mostyn-Owen until someone pointed out the photo of her on the cover of Tatler that was taken the year before she went up to Oxford. Looking into those bedroom eyes I decided to chance my arm and I sent her a message via the university post. Getting no reply I duly lost interest, there being plenty of other knob-polishers around 1980s Oxford. Sorry, Allegra, but you missed your chance, thought the bloke who would go on to become your friendly old Exile.

It came as no surprise when I learned that Boris Johnson had snaffled her, but I was amazed when the couple married in 1987. I always thought of Boris as a genial shagging man who hopped from one bed to another and I found it hard to believe that he was settling down. Obviously as it turned out he wasn't doing anything of the sort and the marriage didn't last, but by then I had left the UK and I didn't find out about the breakup until many years later.


I have no idea what is going on. Allegra was the great beauty of her day at Oxford, she is from a fabulously wealthy family and had the world at her feet. It is incomprehensible to me that she is throwing it all away to live with some inbred who will probably dump her eventually when he ships over a cousin from Pakistan to marry.

Allegra, you really should have answered my pigeon post letter all those years ago.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Allegra is a friend of mine Mr Exile, may I pass on your regards?

17 April 2010 at 13:46  

She is a decade younger then me, but still rather old to be the friend of someone who claims to be up at the moment. Still, go ahead, if you can manage it.

17 April 2010 at 23:52  

She went to convent school with my stepmother as it happens

She's pretty chilled out

18 April 2010 at 18:05  

I await future events with great interest. . .

19 April 2010 at 02:29  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home