# Contact info submission url: exile-blog.blogspot.com site_owner: address1: address2: city: state: country: postal_code: phone_number: display_email: site_name: site_description: The Exile

E-Mail Me

My Twitter

Top Blogs

LeftWing2

Campaign 4 Public Ownership

FASO

FASSIT

Mothers For Justice

Ian Josephs

UKSecretCourt's Videos

Unity-Injustice




Chris Paul

David Lindsay

Heresy Corner

Machetera

Martin Meenagh

Neil Clark

Organised Rage

Renegade Eye

Serb Blog

Splintered Sunrise

Star of Vergina

Unrepentant Communist

Agitprop

British Politics

Censorship 01

Collaborators

Gimlet

Imperialism

Memories

Mexico

New Britain 01

New Britain 02

Sleaze

Social Work Industry

Wankblogs

Working Class

Atom Feed

XML Feed





14 January 2010
The advantage of a walking stick
Here's an interesting thing, if you use a walking stick you become a nice old cove that people want to help. Struggle without one and those same people look at you as if you were the village idiot who might start to dribble all over them at any moment. Strange but true...

Regular readers will know that my health is pretty lousy and that my legs are fairly dodgy. I have been in England for just over a week and a friend drove to London to take me over to his place in Essex for a few days. Eating curry that evening I needed the help of both a waiter and my friend to stand before I could hobble out of the eatery. The glances that came my way from Essex's finest are memories that I will treasure for the rest of my life as examples of inbred primitivism at its best. I am convinced that they had in in their minds that I was going to piss into their chicken curry or something.

A few days later I was presented with a walking stick by another old friend. Now instead of looking at me as if I might molest their kids, parents happily send their offspring over to hold doors open for me. Old people chat about my ailments and tell me more than I ever really wanted to know about their aches and pains. Everyone in general gives me sympathetic looks and is patient as I struggle to leave a shop or get to my feet after drinking coffee in the local Starbucks.

So what is the moral of this little tale? Well, get yourself a walking stick if you have a problem with your legs, otherwise people will think that you have something wrong between your ears. Don't ask me to explain why this is so, but trust me when I say that it is.
1 Comments:

Get a white stick & then you can happily plough your way through those you don't like!

16 January 2010 at 15:46  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home