# Contact info submission url: exile-blog.blogspot.com site_owner: address1: address2: city: state: country: postal_code: phone_number: display_email: site_name: site_description: The Exile

E-Mail Me

My Twitter

Top Blogs

LeftWing2

Campaign 4 Public Ownership

FASO

FASSIT

Mothers For Justice

Ian Josephs

UKSecretCourt's Videos

Unity-Injustice




Chris Paul

David Lindsay

Heresy Corner

Machetera

Martin Meenagh

Neil Clark

Organised Rage

Renegade Eye

Serb Blog

Splintered Sunrise

Star of Vergina

Unrepentant Communist

Agitprop

British Politics

Censorship 01

Collaborators

Gimlet

Imperialism

Memories

Mexico

New Britain 01

New Britain 02

Sleaze

Social Work Industry

Wankblogs

Working Class

Atom Feed

XML Feed





11 August 2009
Happy birthday to me
Today is my 53rd birthday and I plan to celebrate the event by getting the eldest lad and his uncle to help me hobble downstairs and then stuff me into the car. The plan is to go off to a restaurant for coffee and cakes. . .

My health is improving very, very slowly. The muscles in my legs have recovered enough to carry my weight, but my feet are still out of shape. The right foot is better than the left, and I can put it down flat with all my weight on it, but the left foot is taking its time to recover. I can sort of use the ball of that foot to carry some weight, and can then hobble a bit with help.

I will post an update when we get back - wish me luck.

Update, 6.45pm:

Well, getting me downstairs turned out to be surprisingly easy as the lad is stronger than I realised. He left the restaurant to go off with some miniskirt so getting upstairs was a laugh and a half, but the wife and her uncle managed it.

All in all today was a good day!
6 Comments:

Good luck, a very happy birthday to you, and I hope that your recovery continues apace.

11 August 2009 at 09:31  

A very happy birthday, and keep the old pecker up (so to speak)

11 August 2009 at 19:57  

632c5r09ow8

ftssoldier.blogspot.com
www.edwardsaid.org

Happy brithday Exile I hope you get
better, By the way which heath
service is better British or
Mexicion.

You may or may not like the links
below.

http://cedarlounge.wordpress.com/
http://bocktherobber.com/
http://oilismastery.blogspot.com/
http://wood-gas.blogspot.com/

11 August 2009 at 22:00  

Thank you gentlemen...

There is no comparison between the NHS and what is on offer in Mexico. The British system just knocks spots off the competition.

12 August 2009 at 00:51  

A belated happy birthday Ken. Glad to see you are still alive and blogging.

Sorry haven't been in touch lately. Up to eyeballs with MA dissertation on Iran.

Simon

12 August 2009 at 01:06  

Thanks Simon

12 August 2009 at 18:05  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home