# Contact info submission url: exile-blog.blogspot.com site_owner: address1: address2: city: state: country: postal_code: phone_number: display_email: site_name: site_description: The Exile

E-Mail Me

My Twitter

Top Blogs

LeftWing2

Campaign 4 Public Ownership

FASO

FASSIT

Mothers For Justice

Ian Josephs

UKSecretCourt's Videos

Unity-Injustice




Chris Paul

David Lindsay

Heresy Corner

Machetera

Martin Meenagh

Neil Clark

Organised Rage

Renegade Eye

Serb Blog

Splintered Sunrise

Star of Vergina

Unrepentant Communist

Agitprop

British Politics

Censorship 01

Collaborators

Gimlet

Imperialism

Memories

Mexico

New Britain 01

New Britain 02

Sleaze

Social Work Industry

Wankblogs

Working Class

Atom Feed

XML Feed





21 January 2009
Introducing Cuba Today
This year marks the 50th anniversary of the triumph of the Cuban revolutionaries who marched into Havana in January 1959. A lot has been written about those days and I don't particularly want to add to that output. That said, I quite fancied the idea of running a Cuba series in this major anniversary year, but if I wasn't going to analyse the revolution, what could the series be about?

I came up with the idea of putting something together for the general reader who might fancy a holiday in Cuba. Some of these postings have seen the light of day before and have been rewritten for this series, but most are new. The photographs are almost all mine and were shot in 2005 when I visited the country.

The aim was to cover the bits that the guide books often miss. So for instance I have dedicated a posting to the Havana fishermen who go out into the bay on their rafts, and another one deals with the photographers and their antique cameras. How to get around Havana is the subject of two postings, and avoiding going hungry is the topic of another.

What's that? You want to know about the tasty talent? Of course you do, that's what your middle leg's for when all's said and done, but you will have to wait for those posts as they are the last ones in the series. Yeah, I know, I really am an evil sod, making you wait like that.

Anyway, I hope that the postings are of interest, and at least they should keep the blog going until I am out of hospital and back on my feet.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home