# Contact info submission url: exile-blog.blogspot.com site_owner: address1: address2: city: state: country: postal_code: phone_number: display_email: site_name: site_description: The Exile

E-Mail Me

My Twitter

Top Blogs

LeftWing2

Campaign 4 Public Ownership

FASO

FASSIT

Mothers For Justice

Ian Josephs

UKSecretCourt's Videos

Unity-Injustice




Chris Paul

David Lindsay

Heresy Corner

Machetera

Martin Meenagh

Neil Clark

Organised Rage

Renegade Eye

Serb Blog

Splintered Sunrise

Star of Vergina

Unrepentant Communist

Agitprop

British Politics

Censorship 01

Collaborators

Gimlet

Imperialism

Memories

Mexico

New Britain 01

New Britain 02

Sleaze

Social Work Industry

Wankblogs

Working Class

Atom Feed

XML Feed





10 July 2008
A warm welcome to all our new Times readers
This is just to welcome our new readers who are arriving courtesy of the link to this blog from the Times.

Politics makes for very strange bedfellows and the fact that the Murdoch-owned Times is now linking to the Exile only goes to prove that point.

What do we have in common? The Times, I suspect, has a readership that is largely middle class and largely employed in the private sector. The Exile has to concede, albeit with gritted teeth, that such people are actually productive of wealth, rather than purely parasitical upon it.

What this means is that for different reasons we both want to do over the same creatures. You because it is your taxes that are paying for these parasites; your friendly Exile because it is his class that is treated as helots by them.

It may be that the Tories will adopt some of these strategies for their 2010 election campaign. As the British economy worsens, savings are going to have to be made, otherwise the readers of the Times are going to have to pay rather more tax than they are used to at the moment. Cutting the social work industry down to size would be one way that a Tory government could do that with little or no electoral cost to itself, given that members of the social work industry tend to be avid Nu-Labour supporters. It might even be popular with the working class. . .

So let's draw a line under the past, shall we? We hate lower-middle-class social work scum with their pathetic little poly degrees and their puerile desire for status, and so do you.

Let's do them over together.

Labels:

10 Comments:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/columnists/camilla_cavendish/article4301281.ece?token=null&offset=12

I couldn't believe it!!

The Exile is listed!!
"A blog that regularly runs stories about the social work industry. It is based in Mexico. See the Social Work Industry labels."

You're now famous in the UK, for operating from Mexico.LOL!!

And The Times no less!!

This is one heck of a special time. When The Establishment, quotes us.


Jolly well done!!

10 July 2008 at 11:28  

The economy is about to go pear shaped and savings are going to have to be made. It is one thing employing several thousand parasites when times are good, but when cuts have to be made it makes no sense at all.

I think that the Times series is all about preparing the ground for a major cull of social work scum after 2010.

10 July 2008 at 15:17  

I hate to break this to you but the Conservative Party have come out in support of social workers.

Link here: http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2008/feb/11/conference.loughton

10 July 2008 at 21:31  

You might want to learn to write basic HTML because copying & pasting your link doesn't work. Trust me when I say that it is so simple even a social worker could learn to do it.

As for the Tories, surely the whole point of this exercise is to change their minds?

10 July 2008 at 23:02  

"The economy is about to go pear shaped...."

About to??? it is in free fall, only a matter of time before another major financial institution rolls over.


I don't think that the Conservatives will be drawn on very much until the election draws closer.
They are definitely anti the nanny state, and social service spouting pseudo psychiatry is definitely not on their agenda.

GOD I voted these idiots into power in 97.....shame on me

13 July 2008 at 10:58  

I didn't, partly because I was out of the UK by then, but mainly because it was obvious when Blair was elected leader that what we had was something nasty stinking the party up.

13 July 2008 at 11:02  

I didn't see through Blair until the fiasco of the Oil Wars. You are quite right that there is something very sinister about this lot. I think Blair still has his eye on leadership and not via the European Union. The whole religious thing is the same tactic as Bush used with his evangelist base in the USA, after all 40% of the electorate in the UK does have a religious conviction.


Your blog is most aesthetically pleasing Blogger blog I have seen. I used wordpress because of the aesthetics, well done u

13 July 2008 at 12:29  

Thanks - I got the template from FinalSense.com and I think that they have some WordPress ones as well.

13 July 2008 at 13:39  

Don't forget Blur's D-list to stop his mates being investigated!

I thought my beloved America was corrupt with'jobs for the boys'- jeez, these people outdo anything ever seen- but do it with that extra little Fascist/Stalinist twist.

And as for the social work scum. They investigated me claiming "lack of emotional warmth"- when challenged they were unable to explain it or justify it. But they did write some wonderful reports critiquing my 'well maintained, decorated and comfortable home', my middle class values, education and lifestyle, my children's excellent manners, my 'unreasonable' expectations of academic achievement and banning of chicken nuggets. And of course my children participating in the local church youth club was an even more sinister sign of my unreasonable and inappropriate parenting. They weren't very impressed when I sent one report back with corrections to grammar and spelling.

And I won't repeat the judge's reaction to their case- after all,I am a lady...

Still loving your work Exile!
Totally Confused
(it will say anon because I don't have a yahoo account)

14 July 2008 at 09:05  

It's Google, not Yahoo, but forget that for now.

Drop me a line as I would love to write up your story.

Are you in the USA now or the UK? Not that it matters if you have Skype installed - let's have a chat!

14 July 2008 at 09:39  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home